Associate Clinical Professor
I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Westminster College in 2001 and my Doctorate of Optometry from the Ohio State University College of Optometry in 2005. After graduation, I completed a primary care and ocular disease residency in a hospital-based setting at the Columbus and Chillicothe Veterans Affairs facilities. I was hired shortly thereafter at the OSU College of Optometry as an Assistant Clinical Professor and worked as a clinical attending within the Primary Vision Care and Advanced Ocular Care clinics.
In 2007, I joined a private optometric practice in Columbus, Ohio but remained as part-time clinical faculty at OSU and also worked one day per week as a staff optometrist at the Chalmers P. Wylie Veterans Affairs facility. In 2014, I expanded my role at the OSU College of Optometry and became clinic chief of the Advanced Ocular Care Service.
In 2017, I departed from my private practice and was appointed to Assistant Professor of Clinical Optometry at the Ohio State University. I became service chief of the new OSU College of Optometry satellite clinic at the Outpatient Care Upper Arlington facility where I currently oversee facility operations and serve as clinical attending overseeing fourth year optometry interns in care of patients.
- Fogt, J. S., Kowalski, M. J., King-Smith, P. E., Epitropolous, A. T., Hendershot, A. J., Lembach, C., . . . Barr, J. T. (2016). Tear lipid layer thickness with eye drops in meibomian gland dysfunction. Clinical Ophthalmology, 10, 2237-2243. doi:10.2147/OPTH.S120158
- Maszczak, J. P. (n.d.). Diagnosing and Managing Diabetic Retinopathy and Other Retinal Vascular Disease. In OSU College of Optometry Continuing Education.
- Maszczak, J. P. (n.d.). Diagnosis and Management of Optic Disc Edema. In Optometric Educators Incorporated.
- Maszczak, J. P. (n.d.). Ancillary Testing: Blood Draws and Imaging. In Optometric Educators Incorporated.
- Maszczak, J. P. (n.d.). OCT Clinical Applications. In Optometric Educators Incorporated.
- Maszczak, J. P. (n.d.). Non-glaucomatous Optic Nerve Pathology... Or is it?. In Optometric Educators Incorporated.
- Maszczak, J. P. (n.d.). When Confrontations and a Foveal Light Reflex are Not Enough. In Optometric Educators Incorporated.