Teng Leng Ooi
Teng Leng Ooi received her Bachelor of Optometry degree from the University of New South Wales in Australia, and her Ph.D. degree in Vision Science from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She has taught basic science subjects in the areas of visual perception, binocular vision and eye movements. Her laboratory, funded in part by NIH grants, conducts basic research in binocular vision, visual space perception, and visual plasticity. She also performs translational research using video game training as a form of perceptual learning to improve sensorimotor functions in eye dominance, amblyopia and strabismus. Please visit https://u.osu.edu/ooi.22/ for further information.
- Zhou, L., Deng, C., Ooi, T. L., & He, Z. J. (2017). Attention modulates perception of visual space. Nature Human Behaviour, 1(1). doi:10.1038/s41562-016-0004
- The monocular-boundary-contour mechanism in binocular surface representation and suppression (2008). PERCEPTION, 37(8). doi:10.1068/p5986
- Ooi, T. L., & He, Z. J. (2006). Binocular rivalry and surface-boundary processing. Perception, 35(5), 581-603. doi:10.1068/p5489
- Perceiving distance accurately by a directional process of integrating ground information (2004). NATURE, 428(6978). doi:10.1038/nature02350
- Ooi, T. L., & He, Z. J. (2003). A distributed intercortical processing of binocular rivalry: Psychophysical evidence. Perception, 32(2), 155-166. doi:10.1068/p3467
- Eubank, T. F., & Ooi, T. L. (2001). Improving visually guided action and perception through use of prisms. Optometry, 72(4), 217-227.
- Ooi, T. L., & He, Z. J. (2001). Sensory eye dominance. Optometry, 72(3), 168-178.
- VISUAL SUPPRESSION AND ITS EFFECT UPON COLOR AND LUMINANCE SENSITIVITY (1994). VISION RESEARCH, 34(22).
- Chapter Title: Surface representation and attention modulation mechanisms in binocular rivalryBook Title: Binocular rivalryChapter Authors: Ooi T, He ZHPublication date: 1 June 2005Publisher: MIT Press, Cambridge, MAReviewed Item?: trueType of Review: Editor-ReviewRecord created at source: 1 June 2017